v4.1.1 (May 5th 2013)
- Fix for Printer Configuration Scaling and Orientation not being applied. Will also resolve borderless printing showing with white borders.
v4.1.0 (April 27 2013)
- Changed the way the application use TCP port. It will now pick a random open port instead of a fixed 9631 TCP port.
- Moved version from Beta to Final as it is very stable. Many thank’s to all that provided feedback and helped us make it where we are now.
- Fix problem with disabled printers still showing as shared after turning handyPrint OFF and ON.
- Various code optimisation and cleanup.
- Fresh compile under xCode 4.6.1.
- Fix for duplex printer advertisement
- implemented new buttons to add and manage virtualprinters. The old ones where missed by most users. We hope the new design will be easier.
- Removed expiry
- New “Trial” tab under license.
- Fix for wake-up bug causing printers to not be online upon Mac wake-up
- Fix bug causing PrefPane hang when trying to save printer configuration. Oups!
- Fixing above will cause a temporary bug for non duplex printers. Make sure to select to not print in Duplex on your iOS device when printing as a work around. We will fix in the next beta release.
- Fix bug with advertising printers as duplex when they are not
- New trial license verification code
- New license code validation process.
- Minor bug fixes
- Fix for bug when renaming printer queue. Would cause orphan printers.
- New license verification with license server. Should help with rampant piracy of the application.
- Other minor bug fix and code cleanup.
- Fix for iOS reporting printer offline after changing printer config under a3… I hope. Work around if this happen is to flick the switch to OFF and ON.
- Added the ability to “unshare” printers:
- Made menu context aware of type of printer being shared (real vs virtual):
- Bug fixes for per printer options
- Fix for paper margins being too thin
- Other bug fixes
- Brand new per printer print options configuration! This is a dream come true:
You can now select the paper size you want, print layout, black and white vs color, etc, etc! This is what I was always hoping we could do and we did it! I hope you like it. Still new and possibly buggy but worth looking at:
- 1st public release of v4.1.0
- Relabel of v4.0.0b3 as stable v4.0.1
Beta Version History:
- Fix for page range not always being properly applied in some applications
- Some under the hood code optimization
- Fix for bug where alternate print engine and print two pages per page was not working
- Minor bug fixes
- Memory leak fix
- New option to remove authentication forced on some printers shared via Windows or Linux:
- Other bug fixes
- Relabelled a22 to b1.
- Minor GUI change
Alpha Version History:
- Added a new option to print two pages per page under Options. This is a great way to save paper.
- Minor GUI fixes. Moved Media selection from Virtual Printer to Options.
- Another attempt to fix a bug that cause the Daemon to crash when printing web pages. One very patient user was able to validate that this version did the trick for him. We hope it will for everyone!
- Fix for random daemon crash (we hope this will do it)
- Added an option to activate an alternate printing engine in case the default one does not work. This option may be removed in future updates:
- Added routine to report new version as we are getting closer to beta
- Fix for bug preventing the proper printing of Photos
- Fix for random handyPrintDaemon crash (we hope).
- Added option to keep Printer Default media type to Media type drop down list.
- Added the ability to select default printer media type:
- Added debug code so crash report will give us more information.
- Integrated Notification Center under 10.8 to notify when printing to PDF or actual printer is done:
- Add the ability to “Show on my Mac”. This option turn your Mac screen into a virtual Printer. Everything you print will appear in Preview on your Mac. Simply enable the new virtual printer under the new “Virtual Printers” tab:
- Code improvement and bug fixes.
- Added a new option called Imsoniac. It will prevent the computer from sleeping when enabled
- Changes to engine to fix crash on certain print. Still not 100% there.
v3.1.3 (Dec 12 2012):
- Improved license validation;
- Added option to restart printer announcement every 10 minutes
- bug fixes
v3.1.2 (Oct 18 2012):
- Improved Assistant;
- Restart Daemon after wakeup from sleep;
- New option to hide computer name from printer advertisements:
- Other minor bug fixes
v3.1.1 (Sept 23 2012):
- Rebranded application to handyPrint.
- Improved installer to handle closing of PrefPane.