Here is a short walk around video of the Cisco Cius:
1st impression is that is it small, very small. Not sure I would like to trade my iPad for it. It also look pretty cheapy compared to the iPad. A lot of plastic and the seames ane not lining up very tightly. I hope this is just a fact that this is a demo unit and that he final product will have a “tighter” look to it.
Thickness wise it look to be about twice as thick as the iPad… so loosing points here. The tablet is positioned by Cisco for the enterprise and this is a good thing because I can’t see someone wanting this over an iPad (unless they are Android fans).
The UI on display look very iPhonish. Too bad we where not allowed to play with the actual thing.
Here are the specs for the unit:
- Android and features a 7-inch high-resolution color screen
- Intel Atom 1.6-GHz processor
- 32GB of flash memory to store marketplace apps
- a detachable/replaceable 8-hour battery
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 and 3G/4G data
- Cisco collaboration applications
- an HD soundstation, HD audio
- 720p HD video with Cisco TelePresence for video conferencing and integrated security
I am a bit puzzled by the Atom 1.6Ghz processor. Atom and battery life don’t go along so well… but Cisco claim 8 hours of battery life… so.