1. Traveling with the iPad is liberating.
2. The iPad on-screen keyboard still works well for me, better than I might have expected, but it’s still not the best for typing anything of length.
3. iPad battery life is amazing. I have no problem getting across country, listening to music, reading books, watching videos or working and I still have plenty of battery life left.
5. The iPads method for dealing with document management leaves much to be desired.
6. The iPad’s screen has really nasty glare when viewed from the wrong angle. It’s easy enough to adjust but it makes it harder to use in certain places. Of course, the glossy screen on my MacBook has the same issue.
7. A case is a must. Not for durability. The iPad seems pretty solid and most stress tests show the glass is rock solid. Rather, a case is needed to get the iPad into a workable angle when using a desk or tray table.
8. iPads attract attention. If you travel with one, get used to giving demos to those around you. It’s par for the course for early adopters.
9. I’ve had no issues with WiFi as others have reported but there’s times when WiFi just isn’t available.
10. Downloading movies in hotel rooms can take forever, stock up on your content before you leave home.