NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC5 is officially released. There are a few major changes (although, as far as the user is concerned, they are probably minor). Most notably is the new kernel patch, unless if apple changes their code again to break it, the bootloader will auto determine the patch location. Another major change is the edid / resolution patch, specificaly for the GMA500 users.
This *should* be the last version before the final release.
- Updated chameleon patch to enhance the 10.6.2 kernel support (makes it non 10.6.2 specific).
- Chameleon patch to determine the native lcd resolution (via edid)
- Chameleon patch to incoperate the 915resolution program for intel GPU's
- Fixed DSDT generation bug introduced in RC4.
- Mirroring off command located at /Extra/bin/mirroring.
- Replaces OpenHaltRestart?.kext with OSXRestart.kext. Fixes restart after sleep issue.
- Updated to FakeSMC v2.5 from netkas.
- Updated UpdateExtra.app so that it no longer becomes unresponsive.
Dell Mini 10v
- Temporary fix for the A06 bios.
Dell Mini 9
- Updated audio for the Mini 9. This is a temporary fix and will change in the future.
- Included VaioPEnabler.kext to set the graphics framebuffer on bootup. This has not been tested.
- The battery kext has a bug that causes panics on certain netbooks, such as the Mini 10v running the A06 bios. I have tracked this down and included a temperary fix for the Mini 10v although it may wok on other machines as well. It's an ugly fix and will be changed in the future.
- When generating the extensions cache in safe mode, kextd verifies with IOKit that any extensions to be included in an mkext can be used in safe mode, even when not requested. This causes only certain kext to be included in the /Extra/Extensions.mkext. You *can* run NebtookInstaller in safe mode, however you must again run NetbookInstaller after you boot into the normal mode.
NOTE: I have not (minimally) tested this on 10.5, however The final release will be tested thoroughly.
NetbookInstaller: NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC5.app.zip
NetbookBootMaker: NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3 RC5.app.zip
via Meklort’s Blog.