Meklort and a team of testers have brought a new application suite that allow one to easily install OSX Leopard or Snow Leopard on a netbook.
The application suite is called Netbook Installer 0.8.2. Here is how it goes in 6 easy steps:
- Restore OSX DVD (10.5.x or 10.6) to USB drive
- Run NetbookBootMaker (this version) to patch the USB
- Make sure Legacy USB is enabled in BIOS (for booting from USB)
- Boot Netbook to patched Install USB
- Install OSX 10.5.x, OSX 10.6 or upgrade from 10.5.x to 10.6
- Once the installation has completed remove your USB drive and reboot
- Enjoy OSX on your Mini!
Netbook Installer currently support Dell mini9, mini10v and the Lenovo S10. Other netbook are alsoknown to work with Netbook Installer.
This release is offering the community to add support for other netbook on their own as long as you know how to edit and copy a few files. More details on this can be found here.
Have fun installing OSX on your netbooks!